Ring Sizing Guide: Find Your Perfect Fit
Finding your ring size is an important part of buying a ring, especially for online purchases. Though the best way to measure your finger is with a plastic or metal ring sizer, often available at your local jeweler, we offer a printable ring sizer for your convenience. But before you get started, consider these tips:
Measuring your Finger
Determine the ideal fit by making sure that the ring will be loose enough to go over your knuckle, but tight enough that it won't fall off.
Understand factors that change finger size and try to measure multiple times to get the best result.
- Temperature: Warmer temperatures will cause your fingers to enlarge, while cooler temperatures will induce shrinking.
- Time of Day: Typically, your fingers will be smaller in the morning when you wake up, and larger towards to end of the day.
- Humidity: Higher humidity levels will often make your hands swell and feel sticky.
- Foods: Certain foods, especially those high in salt or sugar, could temporarily make your fingers expand.
- Medications: Ask your doctor or pharmacist if any of your medications can cause potential swelling or shrinking and take this into account before you measure your ring size.
Using the Ring Sizer
- Use a thick piece of paper or cardstock. Thin paper could cause ripping or twisting, which will lead to an inaccurate measurement.
- Print in 100% resolution and do not scale or zoom. Then measure the ring sizer with a ruler and make sure that it is exactly 5 inches.
- Use an International ring size chart. Our ring sizer offers you the standard US sizes, which we use for all of our rings. If you are an international customer (outside of the US and Canada), your country will have a different standard. You can use this international ring size chart to convert your ring size to US sizes.
|Inside Diameter||Inside Circumference||Sizes|
|MM||Inches||MM||Inches||British & Australian||US & Canada||French & Russian||German||Japanese||Swiss|
|15.7||0.618||49.32||1.94||J 1/2||5||—||15 3/4||9||—|
|16.51||0.65||51.87||2.04||M||6||52 3/4||16 1/2||12||12 3/4|
|17.35||0.683||54.51||2.15||O||7||55 1/4||17 1/4||14||15 1/4|
|18.19||0.716||57.15||2.25||Q||8||57 3/4||18||16||17 3/4|
*Note: Circumference is the circular measurement, or perimeter. Diameter is the straight across measurement, or width.
Buying a Ring for Someone Else
If you're purchasing a ring for someone else as either a gift, finding a ring size can be tricky. Here are some ideas when buying a ring as a surprise:
Ask someone who is close to your loved one if they know her size.
Use one of her rings to get a measurement (make sure it's the correct finger). Use the printable ring sizer or size chart above.
Purchase a ring that is easily resized. Some styles can be resized one size up or down. You can find out if a ring is resizable by speaking with a jeweler. Typically eternity styles cannot be resized and smooth gold bands can. Call our experts at 800-493-2808 to find out if a particular ring can be resized.
Go with an average size. Statistically, the average women's ring finger is a size 6.5 or 7. Make sure the return policy gives you enough time, just in case you need to exchange it. Also, check to see if there are other sizes available.
RS Pure Ring Collection
Whether you are buying a ring for yourself or for someone you love, you can find a beautiful assortment at RS Pure. Browse our collections of dazzling diamond rings, colorful gemstone rings, and find yours today.
Select rings from the RS Pure collection can be resized. Please remember that for jewelry items that require sizing, you should add 4-5 days to the delivery schedule.
Also, as is custom in the trade, and in order to expedite your order, we may resize a ring from our existing stock to meet your specific size.
Please call us at 800-493-2808 to confirm the availability of resizing services to a size you do not see listed. Also, you may call us to understand if your order will be resized from our existing stock. Use our free printable ring sizer to determine your size.